Academy Rules and Guidelines
1. Always show respect to your instructors and training partners. Respect in training means: do not seek to harm your training partners physically (e.g., by cranking a submission harder than necessary to make them tap). Respect also means that you must train seriously and hard enough for you and your partner to improve his or her skills, conditioning, and mental toughness. Not giving your best during training detracts from both you and your partner’s experience.
2. Maintain good hygiene (i.e., shower and brush your teeth regularly).
3. Keep finger and toe nails short and clean to prevent injury to yourself and others. (this includes women)
4. Please check in to the appropriate class on the tablet as soon as you come in.
5. All Gi’s must have the RMNU team patch.
6. Bring a clean, dry gi to each class every time you train. (never leave your dirty gi at the gym for later use)
7. Keep shoes off the mat, so we can prevent the spread of infectious skin diseases.
8. Do not attend class if you are sick or have a skin disease. You will be asked to leave class if you are found to have any of the aforementioned aliments.
9. Do not walk in the restroom or outside with bare feet. If you have to leave the mats please make sure to wear sandals or shoes.
10. Always compliment your sparring partner and shake his or her hand after a sparring session
11. Do not talk while the instructor is talking. It distracts those who are trying to learn and is disrespectful to the teacher, as well as other students.
12. Keep cell phones turned down during class. Again, they distract those who are trying to learn.
13. If the instructor has not changed the technique, then continue doing the technique he or she has given (i.e., don’t sit around talking because you feel you have done a technique enough times). You can NEVER do a technique too many times.
14. Parents – Please have your child pick up the toys that he or she was using before leaving the gym.
15. Most important HAVE FUN and live the Jiu-Jitsu lifestyle!